The Medicine Hat Cowboy Poetry Foundation is pleased to release our September 2022 issue of Medicine Hat Cowboy Life.
Learn about Pit Ponies, horses of all sizes used for labour in coal mines.
The third annual Medicine Hat Cowboy Poetry and Western Music Show will be held at the Medicine Hat High School Theatre on October 1, 2022. See our poster for details.
Newsletter: Medicine Hat Cowboy Life
See new stories in the Harry Forbes Remembers and I-Alice series on our web site at http://www.MHCowboyLife.com.
We at the Medicine Hat Cowboy Poetry Foundation hope you had a wonderful holiday season, staying warm with friends and family. We have been busy over the holidays, planning for 2021. Here is our latest news.
- See Story #8 in Harry Forbes Remembers series, Balky Horse Stories here
- See Story #4 in our I-Alice Series, Gutsy Chicken Pluckers here
- See the latest videos in our Country Stories Video series here
- If you missed our December newsletter you can see it here
- Our annual general meeting is January 20, 2022 via Zoom. Contact our president, Jen Zollner for more information here
- Learn how to support MHCP by joining our Foundation here
- In December we applied for a grant from the New Horizons Seniors Program for our proposed project Poems and Paws, about veterans and their service dogs. We will know in spring whether or not we were successful.
- The board adopted a new signature picture, (courtesy of Cheryl Dust of Duster Video) which we will gradually work into all our media.
Thank you for signing up to receive our blog posts.
We wish our members and friends all the best in 2022. Hopefully our paths will cross again soon.
Merry Christmas from Medicine Hat Cowboy Poetry Foundation
Wishing you all the joys this season brings: family, friends, feasts, fun.
For unusual, informative, local viewing we suggest you view our website at MHCowboyLife.com. You will find:
- New videos in the Country Stories Series. See recently posted interviews with Jim Wilson, Frances Sanderson, and Henry Cavan’s great-grandsons. See also Vi Riegers’ Christmas memory, Amy Brusky’s To Ginger with Love, Meet Harry Forbes and The Lone Wolf of Bindloss with Harold Fieldberg. Learn about local historical events. Beats reruns of old Christmas movies!
- Read Runaway Horses: #7 in the Harry Forbes series. https://mhcowboylife.com/harry-forbes-remembers/
- Read Tale of a Special Brother, # 3 in the I-Alice series by Alice Kanewischer https://mhcowboylife.com/cowboy-stories/i-alice/
- Everything you wanted to know about the history of Redcliff in one convenient place: https://mhcowboylife.com/cowboy-stories/round-medicine-hat/
- Read the December 2021 issue of Medicine Hat Cowboy Life, our newsletter: https://mhcowboylife.com/newsletter-medicine-hat-cowboy-life/ Be sure to sign up to receive our quarterly newsletter automatically. https://mhcowboylife.com/contact/subscribe/
- Consider joining the Medicine Hat Cowboy Poetry Foundation. Only $20. Get your souvenir coaster. https://mhcowboylife.com/contact/membership-application.
The weatherman predicts a cold Christmas week. Stay in and stay warm, if you can; if you can’t stay in, stay safe. Hope to see you next year.
Medicine Hat Cowboy Poetry Foundation Board:
Jen Zollner, President; Shelley Goldbeck, Vice President; Cheryl Dust, Secretary; Carol Eisenbarth, Treasurer and Donna Moore, Board Member.